HMRC collected £26.6 billion through its tax investigations last year. £900 million has been allocated to target tax evasion, in a bid to fill the public finance black hole.
HMRC could select you for a random tax enquiry regardless of whether you have done anything wrong. Even if HMRC do not find any errors, a basic tax enquiry could typically cost more than £5,000, and last around a year and a half.
Our Tax Investigation Service means that should you or your business suffer an HMRC investigation we can:
- provide you with full professional representation from tax and accountancy staff who already know you and understand your tax affairs;
- handle HMRC on your behalf by dealing with all correspondence and attending all meetings; and
- negotiate the best possible result for you.
We believe that our Tax Investigation Service provides a lifeline to our clients by providing low cost, but valuable peace of mind, at a time when it is most needed.
We have always felt that our Tax Investigation Service has offered good value for money and we are delighted to announce that we have maintained our fees for 2016. As a quick reminder the Service includes:
- Protection from defence costs of up to £100,000 in the event that you are selected for an investigation.
- Directors/partners and their spouses will continue to receive personal protection when a company or partnership takes out a business subscription and we prepare the individual’s tax return.
- No increase in our fees from 2015.
To find out more please contact Fiona Rawle on 01242 680000 or firstname.lastname@example.org