On Thursday 2 March 2017, the Hazlewoods Legal team held an event titled 'Fraud - what do you do when disaster strikes?'.
The event, chaired by Hazlewoods Partners Jon Cartwright and Patricia Kinahan, was a cybercrime event but focused on what actually happens in practice when:
- Money vanishes from a client account?
- Your business is hacked or ransomed?
- You suffer data leakage or corruption?
We welcomed a panel of experts who each gave detail of a real case study and provided an open forum where attendees could ask practical questions and receive practical answers.
The experts were:
- IT Expert: Jake Hockley - Partner at Marclay Associates Ltd
- Insurer: Brett Warbuton-Smith - Partner at Lockton Companies
- Banker: Andrew Barnett - Director of Barclays Corporate and International Fraud Risk
The event was a huge success and the Legal team are already looking forward to their next event titled 'Law firms: under the microscope'. For more information on the event click here.