Another Record Year for Hazlewoods Corporate Finance
◄ Return to News
14 January 2009
Hazlewoods LLP have completed a record number of transactions in 2008. The corporate finance team completed 93 transactions valued at £360 million to 31 December 2008 compared with 62 transactions valued at £256 million for 2007.
Healthcare services transactions were the major area of activity and this traditionally defensive sector has continued to attract activity despite the problems being experienced by some of the major groups.
However, now that we are more than twelve months into the credit crunch, Hazlewoods partner Norman Webber notes that the impact on the real economy grows steadily stronger with M & A activity declining in recent months as the market adjusts to a more normalised level of valuations.
Transactions during 2008 included:
- Sale of Kentwood Limited to Lifeways Community Care Limited
- Acquisition of Home Life Options Limited by The SLC Group Limited
- Acquisition of Beacon Care by CareTech Holdings Limited
- Acquisition of Norton Homes Limited by Deepdene Care Limited
- Sale of a major London based fostercare agency
- Acquisition of Galleon Care Homes by Titleworth Healthcare Limited
- Acquisition of Barleycare Limited by CareTech Community Services Limited
- Acquisition of Denehurst Care by Contemplation Holdings Limited
- Sale of Happen Fostercare Limited to Fostering Solutions Limited
- Acquisition of Hampton Grange Nursing Home by Lynhales Hall Nursing Home Limited
- Acquisition of Enara Limited and First Call Care Services Limited by August Equity LLP
For further information on this release, please contact Andrew Brookes.