|Hazlewoods Corporate Finance have had yet another busy period, having advised on 33 completed transactions in the first six months of 2012 valued at £132 million. |
Paul Fussell, a Hazlewoods Corporate Finance partner, noted "Hazlewoods advise businesses on a national basis and have a long standing reputation for robust, proactive and commercial advice. The continued success, despite challenging market conditions, is testament to the team's dedication, knowledge and skills".
In May 2012 the Hazlewoods Transaction Support team was awarded Due Diligence Specialist of the Year 2012 at the M&A Awards.
Over 350 guests attended the awards ceremony, hosted by BBC anchorwoman Naga Munchetty, at the Millennium Hotel in Grosvenor Square.
The M&A Awards celebrate the achievements of management teams, advisers and financiers who, over the past 12 months, have surmounted extraordinary market conditions to demonstrate their deal making excellence.
David Main, who received the award on behalf of Hazlewoods Corporate Finance, said "We are delighted to win Due Diligence Specialist of the Year, which is true testament to the skill and experience of our team. In total we completed 66 deals valued at nearly £400 million in 2011; a fantastic effort in an ever-changing market place".
Transactions undertaken in the first six months of 2012 included;
- Acquisition advisory services provided on the acquisition of BMI Regional from British Airways.
- Due diligence services provided to Severn Glocon Group Plc on their acquisition of LB Bentley Limited.
- Tax due diligence services provided to Européenne des Desserts SAS on their acquisition of Speciality Desserts Limited.
- Business disposal advice, including taxation services, in respect of the sale of Mudie-Bond Limited to Rygor Commercials Limited.
- Due diligence services provided on the investment by ISIS Equity Partners, investing funds from Baronsmead VCTs, in Happy Days Consultancy Limited.