As we ‘spring’ into a new tax year, our latest issue of Talking Tax highlights some changes introduced from April 2016. These include a new SDLT surcharge on second properties, the tapered pensions allowance for higher earners and changes to the benefit in kind rules.
We also look at how the new dividend and interest rules could affect your self assessment status and the change in treatment of some distributions on liquidation. We also summarise the recent Budget announcements, highlight how groups of companies could be caught out by the Apprenticeship Levy from 2017 and look at how Google AdWords might be costing you more than you think.
- Budget 2016 Reducing the administration burden… by putting more people in self assessment
- Apprenticeship Levy – implications for groups of companies
- Buy-to-let landlords targeted again MVLs next on HMRC’s hit list?
- Tax simplification reaching out to benefits in kind
- VAT and Google AdWords: how much are you actually paying for “pay per click”?
- Enterprise Investment Scheme – the new pension?
Please note that the Apprenticeship Levy has been updated since publication and updated details can be found here.