This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site (www.hazlewoods.co.uk ) (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you contract or intend to contract with us to provide a product or service, subscribe to our services, search for a service, participate in other social media functions on our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. You might also give us personal data when you participate in meetings, seminars or other events we arrange. The information you give us may include, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial information.
If you apply to work for us, we may need to collect other personal data from you, including for example, data about your education, qualifications and training, work experience and employment, salary and financial information.
We may need to process sensitive personal data as part of our recruitment process and in order to meet our responsibilities under employment legislation.
When you visit our site, it is set up to collect some information about you automatically, this may include:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), real time information, clicks made through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and where you visited our page from (such as search engines and social media).
When you telephone us, we may record the phone number you use to call us.
This is information we receive about you if you use any other services we provide. We will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally. It will often be combined with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We may also consult publicly available sources of information, such as the Companies House Register, which hold personal data about you.
Our recruitment process may involve receiving or obtaining your personal data from employment agencies, social media or via recruitment-related websites.
The most common kinds of cookies we use are:
|Strictly necessary cookies
||These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate around websites securely and to provide you with services you have specifically requested.
||These cookies enhance the functionality of websites by storing your preferences. For instance, they can remember your name and location, if you provide this information.
||These cookies improve the performance of websites. For instance, they help pages load quicker.
|Online behavioural cookies
||These cookies store information about your behaviour online, such as your browsing history. For instance, they help us tailor the advertising we show to you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent this. Cookies can be managed through the browser menu and are commonly referred to as ‘preferences’, ‘privacy’ or ‘security’.
You are not obliged to accept cookies, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our site or use certain functions if you disable them.
We use information held about you in the following ways
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or propose to enter into), and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- for our legitimate business interests, for example:
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information provided as part of a job application will be used to assess a candidate’s suitability for employment with a Hazlewoods entity. It will help us ensure we have the relevant skills and experience to enable us to provide quality professional services to our clients and stakeholders.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information for our legitimate business interests, for example:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive or obtain from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners (this includes sharing between the Hazlewoods entities), suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them of 500 directors based in Gloucestershire and operate in the commercial property sector);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Information concerning a job application made by you will be shared with relevant recruiting managers, directors, and partners in Hazlewoods entities who will have input into the screening, interviewing, and wider recruitment process.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hazlewoods LLP or Hazlewoods Financial Planning LLP, Hazlewoods Management Services Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, prevention of money laundering and credit risk reduction.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our timescales for retaining personal data are driven primarily by the relevant legislation which applies to the sectors we operate in, the services we provide and the recruitment and employment activity we undertake.
For recruitment purposes, we retain personal data of shortlisted candidates. This helps us address our future talent needs. You may be contacted regarding alternative opportunities, but can opt out of this arrangement at any time.
When we send you direct marketing, we consider this to be in our legitimate business interest to do so. You can object to this processing of your personal data at any time.
If we asked you to consent to direct marketing, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to object, or withdraw consent, at any time by contacting us: at the Marketing Department, Hazlewoods LLP, Staverton Court, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 0UX; by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; by phoning us on 01242 680000; or via our Preference Centre.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and will be subject to a maximum fee of £10. Any such requests should be addressed to the Marketing Department, Hazlewoods LLP, Staverton Court, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 0UX or by emailing email@example.com.
Access requests connected with recruitment and employment activity should be directed to Human Resources at the same postal address as above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find more information about your rights under the Act on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last updated 27 April 2018. Version 2018a