Specialist VAT advice can really make a difference.
We recognise that Value Added Tax is a complex area to understand. The wrong move can cost you in penalties, or you could lose out on claims which you are entitled to.
Hazlewoods can guide you through the labyrinth of complex laws, to ensure that you are not missing out or, indeed, leaving yourself open to any potential penalties.
Our in-depth knowledge and experience allows us to fully understand your needs, so that we really can provide you with the right advice.
Our compliance services include:
- Helping you determine whether you need to register for VAT
- Registering for VAT
- Completion of VAT Returns
- Helping you determine whether any of the available HMRC VAT schemes would be beneficial to your business. For example:
- Flat rate VAT scheme
- Annual accounting VAT scheme
- Cash accounting VAT scheme
- VAT retail schemes
- Reviews of particular transactions where complex tax rules apply
- Reviews of partial exemption agreements and calculations
- Deregistering for VAT
VAT planning services
Our experts are also on hand for all your VAT planning needs. With years of experience, they can provide practical and commercial solutions, whilst having the in-depth technical knowledge required.
Our planning services include:
- Helping you prepare for HMRC VAT assurance visits, including pre-inspection “health check” and attendance on site during any visit
- Negotiating with HMRC on your behalf during any disputes, including presenting cases at Tribunal
- Advising on land and property transactions to minimise the VAT
- Advising on structuring business acquisitions and sales, including group reorganisations to minimise the VAT
- Reviewing the international implications of any transactions
VAT advice for specific industry sectors
Over a number of years, our VAT team have built up expert knowledge of the VAT issues affecting each of the industry sectors for which we act.
Advisory Fuel Rates
To see the new advisory fuel rates, effective from the 1st of September 2014, please click here