HMRC collected £30.3 billion through its tax investigations last year. It was also HMRC’s eighth year of record total tax revenues, collecting a total of £605.8 billion (£30.9 billion more than the previous year).
HMRC could select you for a random tax enquiry regardless of whether you have done anything wrong. Even if HMRC do not find any errors, a basic tax enquiry could typically cost more than £5,000, and last around a year and a half.
Our tax investigation service means that should you or your business suffer an HMRC investigation we can:
- provide you with full professional representation from tax and accountancy staff who already know you and understand your tax affairs;
- handle HMRC on your behalf by dealing with all correspondence and attending all meetings; and
- negotiate the best possible result for you.
We believe that our tax investigation service provides a lifeline to our clients by providing low cost, but valuable peace of mind, at a time when it is most needed.
We have always felt that our tax investigation service has offered good value for money. As a quick reminder the service includes:
- Protection from defence costs of up to £100,000 in the event that you are selected for an investigation.
- Directors/partners and their spouses will continue to receive personal protection when a company or partnership takes out a business subscription and we prepare the individual’s tax return.
- ‘Out of hours’ helpline for unannounced HMRC visits.
To find out more please contact Fiona Rawle on 01242 680000 or firstname.lastname@example.org