ACA FCCA CF MAE MEWI
David trained with Thornton Baker (the predecessor firm to Grant Thornton) and qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 1982. He also spent time working in the Isle of Man office of PKF where he gained experience in the audit of banks, insurance companies, investment trusts and the Government.
David has been a partner with Hazlewoods since 1992. In that time he has gained extensive experience in providing audit, corporate advisory, corporate finance and litigation support/forensic accounting services.
David is responsible for advising many of the firm's AIM listed company clients and those with a full listing on the London Stock Exchange.
This has included providing the various accounting reports associated with AIM admission Documents and Stock Exchange circulars.
He is also responsible for financial due diligence investigations including those in connection with private equity investments, take overs, management buy-outs and management buy-ins.
David has held a number of senior positions within the accountancy profession, including:
- Global, European and UK Chairman of the Assurance Services Technical Advisory Committees of Moores Rowland International, then the eighth largest association of independent accountancy firms in the World
- A member of the CCAB working party that developed the first Financial Reporting Standard for Smaller Entities.
- A member of the UK Auditing Practices Board
- A member of Council of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
David provides expert witness services on a range of matters, and has been a member of the Academy of Experts since 1996 and is a founder member of the Expert Witness Institute.
Litigation support experience:
Numerous reports prepared on a wide range of issues including:
- Professional negligence cases involving accountants
- Fraud and false accounting
- Partnership disputes
- Quantum calculations in relation to a range of issues, including misrepresentation and EU competition law
- Matrimonial disputes
- Loss of profits claims and business interruption
- Personal injury
David has provided evidence at trial on three occasions and given depositions under oath under American law.
He has received training in courtroom skills.