The law firm mergers and acquisitions market is on a positive upward trend. There are many reasons and vast opportunities in purchasing a law firm and we can help you through this process.
It is a complex and in depth process to purchase a law firm which is why you need the right advisers who are there for you when you need them. We are a firm of experts in the field of law firms, we have an expanding network of law firm suppliers and over 150 law firms which we act for.
We can provide you with a comprehensive due diligence service, covering all relevant financial and tax matters. We review and report on the underlying profitability and lock up position, so you know what to expect for the future. We will also advise on the impact of run off cover and how this affects the way the deal might be structured. We have been helping individuals and law firms acquire practices for many years. If you are considering an acquisition, we can support you through the whole transaction including:
- Determining a valuation
- Practice performance review
- Structuring the deal
- Introducing lenders and assisting with funding arrangements
- Tax structuring and support
- Introducing professional indemnity insurers and run off cover
- Identifying other obligations such as transferring staff
- Supporting you through the transaction
- Post-acquisition profit improvement and cash generation
- You are considering retirement, and so succession planning is or will be a top priority.
- The administrative burdens of running your own firm are increasing.
- Cost savings, PII is a significant outflow and is a cost that is also increasing.
- You want to do what you are an expert in, fee earning.
- Reduce competition and increase your competitive advantage in the process.
- Crystallise the assets within your firm.