Purpose of role
We are looking for a highly motivated, qualified chartered or certified accountant to join our rapidly growing team delivering advice.
As a result, we have a large portfolio of interesting clients, many of whom who are highly acquisitive meaning that they will present the right candidate with a great opportunity to develop their skillsets and progress within the firm.
The audit senior will be responsible for assisting the audit director and/or partner in managing a portfolio of such clients.
Fully supervise a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility for all aspects of their audit, accounts, tax and business advisory including ad hoc project work as it arises. A significant proportion of time will be dedicated to tax related matters.
- Planning and carrying out audit fieldwork, statutory financial reporting and completion work
- Assisting with pre year end tax planning (corporate and personal)
- Close liaison with the tax department
- Manage and control a portfolio of clients taking responsibility for all aspects of work
- Supervising/Undertaking work at client premises and liaising with clients, including acting as a point of contact for day to day ad hoc queries and enquiries
- Supervising, mentoring and coaching staff
- Keeping directors and partners up to date with progress
- Preparation and discussion of benchmarking data reports used to assist clients with their business strategy and development
- Assist corporate finance team with specialist assignments such as acquisition advice, business disposals, raising finance, business plans, preparing projections, sector research and analysis
The Person – Skills & Qualifications
The audit senior will have the opportunity to work on privately owned and private equity backed companies in a range of geographies, whilst learning a lot about the sector so as to gain knowledge that will enable them to be more of a business adviser.
- Newly or recently qualified ACA / CA / ACCA
- Experience of systems controls testing as well as substantive and analytical review auditing techniques, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures and use of paperless electronic audit files
- Understanding the bigger picture as well as auditing individual balances
- Good working knowledge of UK accounting standards
- Well developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation of audit assistants
- Good project management techniques including decision making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisational, evaluative and administrative skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a growing team
- Have a sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment