Thanks to all those who responded to our survey on how we all as professionals have been conducting meetings with clients and potential clients over the last two months. We had an even spread of responses from solicitors, land agents, bank managers, accountants and other professionals. So here are the headlines:
- Average number of meetings estimated at 20 for each professional, just 2 per week.
- The vast majority of these would normally have been at clients’ premises (over 75%).
- Well over half of meetings (63%) that would normally have taken place did so by telephone or video call, with telephone outnumbering video call by almost 3:1.
- Reassuringly only a small proportion of meetings (10%) were postponed until face to face meeting possible.
- Once the IT teething issues were sorted then video conferencing worked well for most people but there were concerns about poor internet coverage for some.
- The general feeling is that more than 50% of clients are happy to hold meetings by video conference in the right circumstances.
- There are some concerns with lack of site visits as a lot of information is collected both directly and indirectly.
- It is easier to build a client relationship face to face, but video conferencing would help.
- Most (over 90%) expected the number of face to face meetings to reduce in the post coronavirus era.
- Most expected to save travelling time in the post coronavirus era with the average saving coming out at 5 hours a week!
We are still keeping the survey open so please feel free to add your thoughts. It will only take 60 seconds.
Complete the survey here.