As June approaches and thousands of high street shops are set to reopen, the Government has produced eight guides that cover a range of working environments and how they can be made COVID-19 safe.
The initial guide covers all businesses and contains guidance on precautions that we have all become familiar with:
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment;
- Develop cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures;
- Help people to work from home;
- Maintain 2 metre social distancing, where possible; and
- Where people cannot be 2 metres apart, manage transmission risk.
Further guides go into specific details for a range of industries, including:
- Construction and outdoor work;
- Factories, plants and warehouses;
- Labs and research facilities;
- Offices and contact centres;
- Other people’s homes;
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery;
- Shops and branches; and
Businesses, retail or otherwise, should only reopen once they have completed a risk assessment, in consultation with trade union representatives or workers, and are confident they are managing the risks associated with COVID-19.
They must keep staff and customers safe, taking the necessary steps to become COVID-19 secure in line with the current Health and Safety legislation.
To find the guide the relates to your business, visit the Government website, here.