Yet another successful year in Health and Care
◄ Return to News
14 January 2014
Hazlewoods and its specialist health and care advisory team had another busy year in 2013. In the year they advised on 41 completed transactions valued at £192 million.
The social care sector continued to attract interest from private equity investors, and this was accompanied by greater availability of bank debt. Although trading conditions continue to be challenging many operators are cautiously optimistic. It does however depend upon what sub sector of social care and what geography you operate within, and clearly the quality of the business. The team were able to advise a number of clients either in their acquisition strategies, or to successfully exit their businesses, and the pipeline going into 2014 is very positive. With an ever increasing number of buyers it has been interesting to see the trends in EBITDA multiples!
A selection of the completed health and social care transactions undertaken during 2013 include:
- Acquisition advisory services provided to Acorn Care and Education on their acquisition of Meadowcroft School
- Acquisition advisory services provided to Cambian Group on their acquisition of Whinfell Autism School
- Disposal advisory services provided to Real Fostering Limited on the sale to the Capstone Foster Care group
- Financial due diligence on behalf of Compass Services for Children Limited on their acquisition of Families For Children
- Financial due diligence on behalf of Voyage Care Limited on their acquisition of Ingleby Corporation Limited
- Financial due diligence and advisory services provided to a number of other private equity houses and corporate acquirers
For further information on this release, please contact a member of the team on 01242 246670.