He has worked on a wide variety of clients in many different industries including manufacturing, tourism, construction, distribution and the charity and not-for-profit sector.
Martin specialises in providing advice on auditing and financial reporting matters, as well as having experience in the financial reporting requirements of listed companies. Martin was appointed as the firm’s Technical Partner in 2010.
As a result of his background in dealing with company accounts and IFRS, Martin is able to assist with many related matters, including:
- Completion accounts/earn out disputes
- Interpretation of accounting policies
- Forensic accounting
- Application of Accounting Standards (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Appropriateness of specific accounting entries
- Auditor negligence
- Interpretation of EBITDA or other accounting metrics used in business valuations
Martin has undertaken expert witness training and been involved in a variety of cases.