For Business

International tax services

Whether you are establishing a business in the UK, relocating staff abroad or to the UK, or returning home from overseas, we can help. 

With advice on taxation of overseas remuneration, tax residency status and compliance matters, let our experts guide you through the complexities.

Employing staff and working overseas

When an organisation operates overseas, it needs to be able to relocate key staff to ensure optimum operational performance. These individuals will need to perform to the best of their ability, and one of the considerations in this will be remuneration. For staff leaving the UK, there will also be home and overseas tax issues to consider as they depart, and further complications when they return.

At Hazlewoods we can advise across all relevant areas:

  • Tax implications on leaving the UK and returning
  • Taxation of overseas remuneration
  • Residence and domicile status (including advice on Statutory Residence Test and non-dom status)
  • Remittance basis
  • UK tax returns
  • Compliance matters when leaving the UK and returning
  • Tax-efficient remuneration packages

How can we help you?

Each country has its own tax rules, which interact in different ways with UK law. Through our membership of HLB International (a global network of independent professional accounting firms and business advisers) we can introduce you to professional tax and business advisers anywhere in the world.

Their expertise will ensure compliance wherever you operate, whilst we use our complementary skills to develop a tax structure that minimises your global tax liability. Naturally, our service also includes all aspects of compliance arising from your international activities.

Meet the team