Dental hygienists and therapists are employed in a variety of ways that can differ between practices and even within them. The advice you will be given may be equally confusing!

Employed Hygienists and Therapists  

If you are employed, you will want to ensure that you are being taxed correctly through PAYE and that you are claiming all available tax allowances.

We can advise on both these matters. If you have not claimed the business expenses to which you are entitled you can make a backdated claim covering the last four tax years.



If you are self-employed, we offer a fixed-fee service for preparing your annual accounts and self-assessment tax return. Our extensive understanding of the dental sector gives us the knowledge and experience we need to keep your tax bills as low as possible.

Most of the time we will be able to handle your requirements by post, e-mail and telephone. If your needs are more complex, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.



We can also help you across all these areas whenever you need some advice:

  • Self-employment contracts
  • Mortgage references
  • Rental accounts
  • Pension planning
  • Financial planning and investments
Content image: /uploads/team/unknown.jpg James Morter
James Morter
Partner, Corporate Finance, Audit, Dental
View profile
Content image: /uploads/team/unknown.jpg Nigel Utting
Nigel Utting
Partner, Dental
View profile

Sign up to receive our business updates

Regular updates, using our expert commentary to provide you with information about our services, events and topical premium business news.