Whether you are selling a corporate division, a subsidiary or your own business, you will only do it once, and you need to get it right.
In our years' of experience, it is best to see disposal as a tailored process. If you start with this perception, you will maximise your financial return. In addition, you need to manage the process with all the effort and professionalism you put into any other business projects. Get these basics right, work with Hazlewoods, and you are more likely to succeed.
We will work with you through all relevant stages of the disposal process:
- Strategic review. Is it the right time to sell? What are the current market conditions? What is best; a trade sale; an MBO or a Stock Market flotation?
- Business valuations. How will purchasers view your business? What can you expect to receive?
- Evaluation and timing. Will the proposed strategy maximise your return?
- Identification of potential purchasers.
- Grooming for a successful sale: Identify issues, retain maximum value. It can often take up to 2 years to become ‘investment ready’.
- Preparation of Information Memorandum: Attract purchasers and initiate negotiations.
- Confidentiality: Tailored approaches to potential acquirers.
- Negotiation: As well as developing a clear strategy, we will help you to maximise value – controlled bidding process. Heads of Agreement: Assistance in preparing clear
- Heads of Agreement covering all key issues.
- Tax: We will help you structure the transaction in a tax efficient manner. Minimise tax consequences (buyer and seller) – maximise business value.
- Due diligence: We will manage the process and coordinate work between parties.
Once the deal has been agreed, we will push it through to a successful completion. If you wish, we can then work with you to help you invest your money prudently, and deal with the inevitable ‘tail end’ issues, such as final completion accounts and deferred consideration issues.