He is recognised as an expert in the field of corporate structuring and reorganisations. He has acted for both buyers and sellers in numerous acquisitions, sales, flotations and buyouts and has in depth experience of private equity structures and employee share incentives.
Alongside his tax career, Tom has also been involved for over 20 years in valuation matters, with particular emphasis in the fields of shareholder, matrimonial and probate disputes.
Tom has recently provided advice in the following areas:
- Capital Gains Tax calculations and disposals
- Demergers by way of liquidation and capital reduction
- Court approved schemes of arrangement
- Company purchase of own shares
- Employee benefit trust transactions
- Settlement of contentious tax avoidance structures
- Share schemes design and implementation
- Corporate and business valuations
- Tax indemnities and warranties in sale and purchase agreements
Outside of work Tom enjoys spending time with his family and occasionally manages to sneak off to race his Caterham and drive his classic MG.